The Fabulous Fit Mamas was born in late June of 2015. The FFM was an accident. No, a wonderful “surprise”! I had no idea this would happen. I was not planning for it. I am a big planner to a fault. When I am impassioned by something, I work very hard to succeed at my goal. Most of the time I usually run in jello circles (sugar free, of course!). My passion deflates overtime because I get no where. Besides falling in love with my husband and motherhood, the FFM is my most organic adventure. Maybe there is something to that? Stop running in sugar-free-jello-circles? Maybe. I am a workout in progress.
As the coach of the Fabulous Fit Mamas, I learned many lessons during the past year. Managing a fitness group is tough. It’s hard to figure out what makes people tick. Below is a list of my frustrations, joys, and things I must accept:
- Most of the time nobody shares on the page. It makes me wonder if I am reaching anyone.
- Remember, the FFM is not my whole life. Please talk to me about anything! I ‘m a normal person, sort of.
- People assume things about me: No, I don’t workout six days a week and consume two kale smoothies a day. Please!
- Some members are intimated by group trainings and events: I try my best to let them know there is no judgment, and the camaraderie is beautiful. It’s all I can do. The rest is up to them.
- Not every member RSVPS: Getting angry is not worth it. I am learning to troubleshoot productive ways to work around the lack of feedback.
- Members are busy: The women on the page have very full and impressive lives. Our group is not their priority. I get that. I respect that.
- It’s OK that I do not have a set goal for the group.
- The only goal I have is for every member to know she is accepted and celebrated.
- Humor is the best medicine. Humorous quotes about fitness and life connects everyone, preaching about fitness does not. In fact, I find the ladder approach annoying.
- I am grateful for this group.
I am not sure what the next year will bring. I can plan all I want, but all I can do is just go with it. Hopefully, I will continue to Get It Done with the FFM.
Have a Fabulous and Fit Day!
Here is some FFM blog history: